Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gliding and More

I have become a master worker, and most of the time I do an amazing job with my chores. My new favorite chore is something I like to call gliding. See, mom gives me a wet rag (which she rings out really good) and I use it to clean up the kitchen floor. But I re-wet it and ring out tons of water on the floor. Chandler helps with his rag. Then when there is enough water we slide all over the place. But we call it gliding. And we get really wet. Mom says it's okay, as long as we are getting up the dirty spots while we're at it.

This past month we've been doing my favorite thing at school: learning about money. How cool is it that part of my official homework is to go home and count money? I get to get out the big change jar. I count it, I stack it, I make patterns with it, I love it. I just have to be a banker some day. I am really good at counting it correctly, but I'm working on counting by 25, those quarters are still a little bit tricky. But I'm also learning how to read more and more, and even write. Kindergarten is just so cool. I keep getting green lights all the time, and that means I am behaving myself and doing a good job.

I've been doing pretty good at home, too. Now that my mom has a treasure box it helps me remember to make good choices. A while ago my mom took all my stuff away because I was being so naughty, but I have earned almost all of it back now. And now I have a big bed with a really cool bookshelf headboard, and I really like it so I try to keep my room really nice all the time now.

I like to play with my friends Henry and Michael, and I see them almost every day. I also like to go to the track and play with them in the sand pit while our moms do their laps. Although one day we were playing buried treasure with our shoes and I guess I buried one of my shoes way too good because we've never been able to find it since. My mom wasn't too happy about that.

I'm still a picky eater and I still love to play Lego Star Wars. I still give my mom a run for her money, but she says I'm getting better and better all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when your mom "glided" on the kitchen floor when she was a girl. What a fun "chore." The next time you come to our house you'll have to show us.
I love to read how well you are doing in school and at home.

Love Grandpa Chandler